Saturday, October 3, 2009

I need some space

I seem to be spending a lot of time cruising internet real estate sites recently. Our 3x1.5 seems nowhere big enough to contain two teens, a roving toddler and two adults who occasionally want a little space and quiet. Our house was built ~100 years ago though and I keep thinking that families at the time would have likely had just as many people in the same space (if not more...). Maybe it's just how we use the space. It's so tempting just to go to IKEA and spend a huge amount of money on some new innovative storage solutions but I think a large amount of the problem is the amount of stuff we have. I suspect that the avearge child had substantially less 'stuff' 100 years ago. Even in my generation we also just spent a lot more time outside.

At least we have a yard though, half the mums at playgroup only have courtyards. I don't know how you deal with a energetic toddler in doors all day without resorting to looping Elmo DVDs. At least with the summer weather starting we'll be spending a lot more time at parks and the beach and less time at home in each others hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment